PERFORM WORK AT HEIGHTS
|Course Title||WSQ PERFORM WORK AT HEIGHT
(previously Work-At-Height Course For Workers)
(Perform Work At Height)*
|Course Reference Number||CRS-Q-0041066-MF|
|Course Training Duration (hours)||7.5|
|Course Fees(before GST and any applicable funding)||$90|
|Funding Validity Period||01 July 2020 onwards|
|Mode of Training||Classroom Lecture & Practical|
|Course Objectives||To provide participants with the requisite WAH knowledge so that they can perform their WAH activities properly and safely|
ISO 29990:2010 Accredited
WSQ PERFORM WORK AT HEIGHT
What is Work at Heights?
Work at heights is defined as work:
- in an elevated workplace from which a person could fall,
- near a floor opening through which a person could fall,
- near an open edge over which a person could fall,
- on a fragile surface through which a person could fall, or
- in any other place (whether above or below ground) from which a person could fall from one level to another and the person or other person would be injured due to the distance of the fall.
Working at heights can result in serious workplace injuries and even death, if the necessary safety measures are not in place.
This Work-At-Height-Workers course educates all workers on the importance of safely working at heights
Who is this for?
Anyone who needs to work at a height of more than 1.8 metres
Employers or Principals (e.g. main contractors who engage sub-contractors) are required to first provide adequate safety and health training for workers carrying out WAH before they commence work.
What equipment does AAT have available for this course?
We have a Ministry of Manpower approved indoor scaffold structure for Work-At-Height-Workers
What are the main topics of the course?
- Identify relevant Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) legislations / approved codes of practice / Singapore standards applicable to work at height and roles and responsibilities
- Identify work at heighthazards and preventive measures related to work at height
- Demonstrate the understanding of use and care for the various fall arrest systems and equipment
It is a requirement for workers who want to work at heights of more than 1.8 metres. Workers can move on to the WAH-Supervisor or MWAH course for supervisory roles
Learners will need to pass Written and Practical tests to be competent in this Work-At-Height-Workers course
Learners are expected to be able to communicate in simple English-WPLN LEVEL 2
Non-native speakers are recommended to take our basic English Test ONLINE HERE
Language: All course materials and tests in basic English
or call 62924804 for further enquiries
*After migration from LSP